Paul Stierhoff, CFP® Named a 2016 Five Star Wealth Manager
Executive Vice President
2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 FIVE STAR Wealth Manager
Raised in Baltimore, Maryland, Paul attended Drew University in Madison, New Jersey, where he received a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Economics in 1982. Paul has devoted over 30 years to meeting financial planning and investment needs of his clients. He began his investment career while still attending Drew, working part time with Merrill Lynch in the futures division. After graduation Paul continued working for Merrill Lynch in the Washington, D.C. office. Realizing that the futures market was not the best investment vehicle for most individual investors, Paul moved to New Jersey in 1985 to join a bank through which he could offer more traditional investment services.
In 1993 Paul joined R. Seelaus & Co., where today he continues to meet the financial planning and investment management needs of high-net-worth individuals, business owners and corporations. In 2003 Paul earned his CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) designation and now, in addition to providing investment management, consults with clients in regards to a wide array of financial matters they are faced with and need to address.
Paul is also active in charitable and philanthropic pursuits. He volunteers with Furniture Assist, which is an organization that provides furniture and household items free of charge to individuals with a recognized need. He is also the trustee of The Henry S. & Agnes M. Truzack Foundation, a private charitable foundation which makes grants to worthwhile non-profit organizations. Additionally, Paul acts in an advisory capacity for the Drew University Center for Civic Engagement.
Paul currently resides in Westfield, NJ with his wife and three children. He has been active in the community as a coach of both lacrosse and soccer, and in his free time enjoys playing masters lacrosse.
- Furniture Assist, Advisory Council
- Henry S. and Agnes M. Truzack Foundation, Trustee
- Drew University Center for Civic Engagement, Advisory Capacity
- CFP Board
Education and Licensing
- Drew University, B.A. Economics 1982
- Series 7 & 63
- Life, Accident, Health & Sickness Insurance
- Variable Annuity Products
- 1993-Present: R. Seelaus & Co. (Summit, NJ), Executive Vice President, Wealth Management Group
- 1987-1993: Summit Trust Company (Summit, NJ), Municipal Dealer Department Vice President
- 1984-1987: United Counties Trust Company (Cranford, NJ), Municipal Bond Representative
- 1982-1984: Merrill Lynch Commodities/Merrill Lynch Futures (Washington D.C.), Account Executive
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Investment planning
- Retirement planning and retirement plan rollover options
- Retirement income distribution planning
- Advice on specific financial issues
- Insurance evaluation and needs assessment
- Estate Planning - document review and advice
- College planning
- The financial challenges of – death / divorce / disability / marriage / children
- Elder care issues
- Philanthropy & Charitable Planning
- Legacy Planning
Comprehensive Financial Planning
Paul explains the benefits of having a comprehensive financial plan performed and details some of the pitfalls that you may run into if you do not take the time to put a financial plan into place.
CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, and CFP® (with flame logo) are certification marks owned by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. These marks are awarded to individuals who successfully complete the CFP Board's intial and ongoing certification requirements.