Senior Vice President
As a primary member of the Wealth Management Group for R. Seelaus & Co., Mary’s practice is focused on total portfolio management and estate planning for her clients.
Mary has over 27 years of experience in the financial services sector. She was the first woman to be named management within the Municipal Department at Merrill Lynch and upon her departure in 1984 held the position of Vice President and Manager of Merrill's Northeast Municipal Bond Region, trader and underwriter of new issues.
At McConnell, Budd & Romano of Morristown, NJ, a private investment banking and financial advisory firm, Mary concentrated on the banking and thrift sector. She helped the firm start a "high net worth" group responsible for over $40 million in client assets while simultaneously managing the Equity Trading Department maintaining markets in over 70 NASDAQ stocks.
Mary joined R. Seelaus & Co. in 2006. Her experience combined with her trading expertise and understanding of today’s equity markets makes her an invaluable asset to the firm.
Beginning in the Spring of 2013, Mary launched Money Matters & More! an original television production made possible by Hometowne TV 36 in Summit. Mary’s half-hour show is dedicated to providing viewers with valuable information in an educational roundtable format with colleagues and local experts who discuss timely topics related to investing and finance.
Mary is a member of the Advisory Board of the Summit YMCA and a member of the Summit Business and Professional Women of New Jersey. She is also on the Board of Trustees for the Greensboro Association and Board of Directors for the Mountain View Country Club.
Mary is a graduate of St. Lawrence University with a degree in Economics. She is licensed Life and Health Insurance through the NJ State Department of Banking and Insurance, and is FINRA licensed series 4, 7, 24, 53, 55, 63 & 65.
- Advisory Board of the Summit YMCA
- Summit Business and Professional Women of New Jersey
- Board of Trustees for the Greensboro Association
- Board of Directors for the Mountain View Country Club
Education and Licensing
- Lawrence University, B.A. Economics 1972
- Series 4,7,24,53,55, 63 & 65
- Life, Health & Annuity Insurance
- 2006-Present: R. Seelaus & Co. (Summit, NJ), Senior Vice President specializing in Wealth Management, Investment Advisory, Estate Planning, Insurance and Annuities
- 1992-2006: McConnell, Budd & Romano Inc. (Morristown, NJ), Senior Vice President
- 1977-1984: Merrill Lynch, Vice President, Manager of Northeast Municipal Bond Region
- 401k Rollovers
- Asset Management
- Lending Services
- Insurance Services
- Estate Planning
- Wealth Management
- Retirement Planning
- Estate Planning