Finance and Office Operations Associate
R. Seelaus & Company is a full-service financial firm doing business in downtown Summit, NJ and Boston, MA. The firm was founded as a municipal bond dealer conducting business with the major trust banks of New York and Chicago. In over three decades we have grown to offer a full array of products and services, including investment advisory, asset management, brokerage, bond and equity trading, institutional sales and insurance. The firm operates several trading desks and is home to more than 60 financial advisors, traders and salespeople. We serve the needs of individuals, families, public and private companies, and institutional investors.
Established in 1984, R. Seelaus has a 30 year legacy of serving client needs through fixed income expertise. Our longevity in the field of investment services is directly attributed to the accessible broad range of in-house expertise and the culture of collaboration here at the firm.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
Directly support the CFO in the Financial Department
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting in a variety of duties to support the financial department such as data entry and financial statement preparation, filing, bill paying, creating and/or managing department files, correspondence, mailings, etc. The individual will also assist the Insurance Director in coordinating insurance appointments and verifying suitability and compliance of new insurance policies in accordance with state and company policies. This will require keeping track of insurance policy status, and tracking commissions received. The responsibilities also include assisting in coordinating interviews, maintaining calendars and setting up sales meetings and special events. Record and distribute meeting minutes. Provide backup for switchboard operator.
- Administrative assistant and accounting experience helpful.
- Prior Finance Industry experience a plus
- Ability to predict needs before they arise
- Ability to handle confidential information in a sensitive manner with appropriate discretion and judgment
- Highly organized; multi-tasking abilities a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; excellent grammar and spelling
- Proficient in MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel and Word), knowledge of Quickbooks a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to create, manipulate and extract data from advanced Excel spreadsheets
- Demonstrated ability to create Word documents including complex formatting, forms, etc.
- Ability to compose business letters to senior execs with little directions from manager
- Self-motivated team player
- Excellent customer service skills
- High tolerance for dealing with adversity; must perform well under pressure
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop new processes to resolve problems
- Ability to initiate and complete complex work assignments and projects with minimal supervision
- Excellent project management skills; detail and deadline oriented
Location: Summit, NJ, Full Time
Contact email@example.com for more information regarding this position.