An excellent first step in establishing your relationship with R. Seelaus is setting up an Advantage Account. This entails:
- A minimum initial investment of only $1,000 in cash and/or securities -- there is no minimum balance once the account is opened and no annual account fee;
- A choice of two professionally managed money-market-fund portfolios: Money-Market and Government Securities;
- Automatic reinvestment of interest, dividends, and other cash balances into the money-market portfolio you select;
- No-minimum checking;
- Convenient worldwide 24-hour ATM access;
- Overdraft protection and a private credit line based on the value of your marginable securities, which allows you to borrow (at rates usually lower than those available from banks) by simply writing a check or using your ATM card -- the more you have, the more you can borrow, and the interest may be tax-deductible up to the total of your taxable investment income from all sources;
- Direct Deposit, automatic deposit of your paycheck (or government checks, including Social Security) in your Advantage Account via electronic funds transfer; and
- An automatic payment feature to help you keep track of any recurring debits for payments such as mortgages, insurance drafts, car payments, and mutual-fund investments.
Your Advantage Account makes it easy to manage all your assets more effectively through a single account.
- The Government guarantee of the securities owned by the Government Securities Portfolio does not guarantee the net asset value of the Portfolio’s shares, which the Portfolio seeks to maintain at $1.00 per share. Yields on all three portfolios will fluctuate. Future performance is not guaranteed.
- The Advantage Account fact kit includes the money-market-fund prospectus, which contains complete information, including management fees and expenses. Read it carefully before you invest.